1. In the SRTE system, scores are summarized when:
a. There are less than 10 students AND 50% of the grades have been entered for the course.
b. There are 10 or more students AND 75% of the grades have been entered for the course.
c. When the end of the semester has been reached, and it’s time for final grade reporting, the last summarization is completed for all courses which have not already been completed.
All courses that have been offered an SRTE and have student responses will eventually be summarized, either after enough grades have been submitted or after the final grade reporting date. SRTE summarizations are not re-run, once completed, it’s reflective of the final scores.
2. The last summarization is performed about a month after final grade reporting (date set by the Registrar’s Office) has completed, with one run for all courses, and a separate run for the law school(s). The law school run happens approximately 10 days after that date.
3. Whatever point in time the summarization runs, those SRTE scores are immediately available to faculty within the SRTE system. (Thus, FAIS is receiving those scores the same time that faculty are able to view them as well – every evening, the summarizations that have been completed are uploaded into the system.)
4. NOTE: This is what can lead to enrollment count mismatch between SRTE counts, and what is reported from the budget office for official Courses Taught at times because there is a chance that at the end of the semester, students may have dropped the course. Also, as I mentioned during the session, FAIS receives ONLY the overall summary scores, not individual student responses or the content of student comments.
Some additional tidbits:
There are a few different scenarios where there may be no SRTE scores reported (and we have seen this question from faculty members):
1) The course was not offered an SRTE
2) No students responded to the survey
Some courses that have grades assigned still wait for the final grade reporting date, this can be because the course was not directly assigned grades. For instance, some science courses have a lab and recitation, only one of the 2 courses have grades assigned so the other will not be summarized until the final grade reporting date.
More information for the SRTE system can be found at: http://srte.psu.edu/