No. You should only enter information that you wish to see in the relevant report. However, dates are very important when running a report, you will want to make sure you at least fill out a month or a year.
The web address to log into Activity Insight is https://www.digitalmeasures.com/login/psu/faculty.
Unfortunately, Activity Insight does not have a WYSIWYG editor, though one is in the works. In the meantime, you can apply formatting to your text through the use of html tags as follows:
AI currently supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome fully.
The Pasteboard is limited to 4000 bytes of data, as this is the maximum amount of data that can be stored in a single cookie. If you are looking to paste text that exceeds this limit, only copy specific sections of the text into the Pasteboard, work with the text, and then paste in additional text. Alternatively, you can copy the text from your Word document directly into the relevant field in AI.
Membership in professional and learned societies is recorded on the Professional Memberships screen in the Research and Creative Accomplishments section. Duties performed as a member
Duties performed as a member of a professional or learned society are to be recorded on the External Service screen as Service to the Profession (e.g., offices held, committee work, and other responsibilities).
Recording activities in this way is not viewed as a duplication.
The options for the “Current Status” field on the Contracts, Grants, Fellowship and Sponsored Research screen are set by the Vice Provost of Academic Affairs for consistency across the University.
Definitions of Current Status:
- Awarded – Fully processed financial award
- Pending – Submitted proposal that is awaiting funding status from sponsor
- Not Funded – Notification received from Sponsor or principal investigator that proposal was not funded
- Purged – Proposal has been marked as Not Funded due to pending status of three years or more
- Withdrawn – Proposal has been marked as Not Funded and Withdrawn by action of the principal investigator
You will not be able to save changes to the record without at least one date field entered.
If your records are not reporting:
If you have records that were created in the past that do not have a date entered, this publication will not print on any reports.
If the activity you are recording occurs over multiple years:
For example, you may have served as the President of an advisory board for three years. Many screens have the ability to enter a start and end date. If the “End Date” is left blank, the report will read “January 1, 2015 – present” and appear on every report until an “End Date” has been entered.
Each time your publication status changes you must also update the date fields that apply to that status.
- Expected Date of Submission If your publication is a Work In Progress, enter a date in these fields.
- Date Submitted If your publication has been submitted, enter the date of submission in these fields.
- Date Accepted If your publication has been submitted, enter the Month and Year of acceptance in these fields.
- Date Published or Date to be Published if “In Press” If your publication is “In Press”, enter expected date of publication. If your publication has been published, enter the publication date in these fields.
If you update the publication status, you must update the applicable date range for accurate reporting.
If you have additional questions about Date fields, please contact your University Administrators at L-AI-Support@lists.psu.edu.
The NIH and NSF Biographical Sketch Reports rely on the label for the Biosketch that is selected in the “Additional Filters” step of the report criteria to determine which Biosketch records to use. If this field is left blank, the report will generate a Biosketch for each applicable record the user has. Choose the label for the Biosketch report you would like to generate.