Activity Insight can be implemented at a level and pace that your unit finds most comfortable. Below are three on-boarding techniques that have been successful for other colleges at Penn State.
- Structured Phasing – This technique was used to on-board the College of the Liberal Arts. The College was divided into two groups based on department and rank and the use of Activity Insight was implemented in two waves occurring over a two-year period.
- Soft Roll-Out – This technique was used to on-board the Eberly College of Science. After Activity Insight was customized to the College’s needs, use of Activity Insight to produce annual reports was optional the first year of implementation. The second year, use of Activity Insight to produce annual reports was required.
- Foot-in-the-Door – This technique is currently in progress for the College of Agricultural Sciences. The AI team worked with one department in the College of Agricultural Sciences to customize Activity Insight based on the College’s needs. After the successful use of Activity Insight for annual reporting, additional departments in the college have requested a demonstration so they can begin the on-boarding process.
There are three phases of support that the Activity Insight team may provide to those colleges and campuses using the tool.
- Implementation Phase– During the implementation phase, the Activity Insight team will work with your unit to customize the tool for your needs. This includes, but is not limited to: Customizing screens, creating custom reports, and providing administrative and faculty training.
- Data-Entry Phase– When a unit begins using Activity Insight, the AI team may be able to offer assistance with data entry. If faculty activity data was previously captured using another tool, the AI team can work with representatives to ensure that the data is uploaded to Activity Insight appropriately.
- Support Phase– Once the implementation phase and the data entry phases are complete, units are then transitioned to the Support Phase. During the Support phase, the AI team will provide on-going support as requested. This includes but is not limited to: Train faculty, make revisions to any screens, fields, or reports, and create new reports for the college’s or university’s use.
If you believe your unit may be interested in taking advantage of what Activity Insight has to offer, contact the Activity Insight Support Team at L-AI-Support@lists.psu.edu to set up a consultation.