A user account must be built in Activity Insight as soon as a faculty member is hired. Our data stewards must have an active list of users from Activity Insight in order to get faculty’s courses taught in resident instruction and SRTEs. If an account is not built, no data will be imported.
- Click Users and Security in the left-hand menu. If you do not see this link, you do not have the access rights to create a new account. Please contact the Activity Insight Administrators.
- Click Add a New User button
- Enter the last name, first name, email address (Please use the original email address provided by the PSU Accounts office, no aliases).
- We need the PSU ID # for ALL Faculty. (9 digits no dashes or spaces)
- Authentication should be Shibboleth Authentication. (default)
- In the Activities Database – University section be sure to select a Campus, Campus Name, College, College Name, Department, and Division or School, if applicable.
- Under Choose the security roles for this user, check the box beside Faculty. If the user you are creating needs access to another user or department, please contact the Activity Insight Administrators for assistance.
- Click on Save. You may get a message stating ‘an account with similar names’ are in the system. Click on OK to continue.
- Click on Manage Data and find the new user you created in the drop-down list to verify you have access to their account. If you do not have access to their account please contact the Activity Insight administrators.
Please contact the Activity Insight Administrators at L-AI-Support@lists.psu.edu for additional assistance if needed.