Activity Insight (also known as Digital Measures, DM, AI or FAIS), is a software-as-a-service application, provided by Watermark, used for the reporting of faculty activities. Activity Insight has proven to be an effective answer to the needs associated with conducting annual reviews (Faculty Activity Reports) and for creating both promotion and tenure (P&T) and non-tenure track promotion dossiers. Additional benefits of the system originate from the fact that the information on faculty activities is stored in a highly structured database and, therefore, can be harvested and reformatted using user-specified criteria. As such, Activity Insight can be used to:
- Create faculty resumes, dossiers, annual reports, and fact sheets;
- Produce customized reports that can be used by a unit to describe and publicize the faculty activities of that unit;
- Produce University-wide reports using data originating from different units;
- Enhance Penn State’s capability to respond to queries from the media or legislation;
- Enable real-time integration with online faculty profile pages;
- Create many different types of accreditation reports such as AACSB, ABET, CCNE, NCATE and more!
Activity Insight is a non-mandated reporting option, its current user base represents roughly two thirds of full time faculty across the University system, including 20 colleges, 14 campuses, and other related units across the University. Activity Insight is currently supported through the University Libraries Digital Scholarship and Repository Development department.
The Digital Scholarship and Repository Development team members include:
- Daniel Coughlin – AI Project Leader and Director of Digital Scholarship and Repository Development.
- Nicole Gampe – AI University Administrator and IT Manager of Faculty Activity Management Services
- Alex Kiessling – AI Programmer/Analyst
- Ruben Calvo – AI University Administrator and IT Support Specialist
The management team members include
- Dr. Kathleen Bieschke, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- Tineke Battle, Assistant Vice Provost, Faculty Affairs HR
- Daniel Coughlin
- Nicole Gampe
- Nicola Kiver, Director of Administrative Operations, the Liberal Arts College, and Activity Insight Oversight Committee Chair