You are not able to submit a report within Activity Insight. You must save or print your reports via the Rapid Reports tab at the bottom of your screen, or from the Run Reports link in the left-hand menu. Run Reports gives you more options on your report, and depending on your access rights, you may be able to run the same report for multiple individuals. Rapid Reports will only run one report for the account you are actively managing.
We have been asked this question time and time again. Finally, with the help of Nicola Kiver (Chairperson of the AI Oversight Committee and from the College of the Liberal Arts) we have created a document that will answer all of your questions.
You can access the link here: https://psu.box.com/s/ups3ahr675dzgkzwnvoh
If you have questions contact support at L-AI-Support@Lists.PSU.edu
The date range selected while establishing your reporting criteria only applies to the Teaching and Service Section of the University Dossier. The Research section is purposefully designed to show work from your entire career regardless of any date criteria.
Do NOT include non-funded proposals in sixth year, early tenure, and all promotion reviews beyond the assistant professor level or equivalent.
Do NOT include Works In Progress in sixth year, early tenure, and all promotion reviews beyond the assistant professor level or equivalent.
All questions about the Promotion and Tenure process should be directed to The Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs. Questions regarding how to use the Activity Insight tool to create your dossier may be directed to L-AI-Support@lists.psu.edu.
Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
201 Old Main
University Park, PA 16802
A user account must be built in Activity Insight as soon as a faculty member is hired. Our data stewards must have an active list of users from Activity Insight in order to get faculty’s courses taught in resident instruction and SRTEs. If an account is not built, no data will be imported.
- Click Users and Security in the left-hand menu. If you do not see this link, you do not have the access rights to create a new account. Please contact the Activity Insight Administrators.
- Click Add a New User button
- Enter the last name, first name, email address (Please use the original email address provided by the PSU Accounts office, no aliases).
- We need the PSU ID # for ALL Faculty. (9 digits no dashes or spaces)
- Authentication should be Shibboleth Authentication. (default)
- In the Activities Database – University section be sure to select a Campus, Campus Name, College, College Name, Department, and Division or School, if applicable.
- Under Choose the security roles for this user, check the box beside Faculty. If the user you are creating needs access to another user or department, please contact the Activity Insight Administrators for assistance.
- Click on Save. You may get a message stating ‘an account with similar names’ are in the system. Click on OK to continue.
- Click on Manage Data and find the new user you created in the drop-down list to verify you have access to their account. If you do not have access to their account please contact the Activity Insight administrators.
Please contact the Activity Insight Administrators at L-AI-Support@lists.psu.edu for additional assistance if needed.
When createing a new user, if you uncheck the “Yes” check box to the question – “For the Activities Database – University screens, do we need to keep track of this user’s teaching, research and service activities?” you will not be able to see the indvidual in your listing.
If changes need to be made to the account contact the University Administrators at L-AI-Support@lists.psu.edu
Approach to Security: https://www.digitalmeasures.com/activity-insight/features/serious-security.html