Contracts, Grants, Fellowships and Sponsored Research screen:
Papers, Presentations, Seminars, and Workshops
Screen: Papers, Presentations, Seminars, and Workshops
This screen should only be used for records where YOU presented an item at a technical or professional conference or meeting.
Key Fields on this screen:
Presentation Type, if your item does not match what is in your list, choose “Other” and enter the Explanation of Other in the box below.
Location (should be city, state, country)
[Presentation Type] or [Explanation of “Other”]
[list of [Presenters/Authors] as “[Last Name], [F. N.] [M. N.] ([Concatenation of: “[Presenter/Author] or [Explanation of “Other”]“, “, “, “Organization“])”], ([Month Day, Year]). ([Start Month Start Day, Start Year – End Month End Day, End Year]). “[Presentation Title],” [Conference/Meeting Name], [Sponsoring Organization], [Location], [Number in Attendance] in attendance, [peer-reviewed/refereed], [published in proceedings], [Invited]. http://[URL for more info]. [Scope]
[Comments (50 words or less suggested)]
Screen: Artistic and Professional Performances and Exhibits
Not all colleges have access to this screen. If you feel your college needs access to this screen, please, speak to your Activity Insight College Administrator.
Key fields on this screen:
Type of Work – if your item does not match what is in your provided list, choose “Other” and enter the Explanation of Other in the box below.
[[Type of Work] or [Explanation of “Other”]]
“[Work/Exhibit Title],” [Name of Performing Group], [Sponsor], [Location (City, State, Country)], [peer-reviewed/refereed], by [Was this by audition, commission, competition or invitation?], [Was this academic or non-academic?]. ([Start Month Start Day, Start Year – End Month End Day, End Year]). http://[URL for more info].
Research and/or scholarly publications – bullet 8. Research reports to sponsor
Screen: Report to Sponsor
Information on this screen appears under the Subheading of Published Works, it filters in with the Publication records.
Research Report to Sponsor
[[list of [Authors] as “[Last Name], [F. N.] [M. N.]”], [Report Title]. [Total Number of Pages] pp. [Report Period], [Sponsor Name]. ([Date Reported])
[Abstract or Summary]
Research and/or Scholarly Publications
Published Works (Contribution Types with the Current Status of “Published” or “In Press”)
Manuscripts Accepted for Publication (Contribution Types with the Current Status of “Accepted”)
Manuscripts Submitted for Publication (Contribution Types with the Current Status of “Submitted”, “In Review”, or “Revision Requested”)
Manuscripts in Progress (Contribution Types with the Current Status of “Work in Progress” or “Revising to Resubmit”
Key fields on this screen:
Contribution Type (required field) – if your item does not match what is in your list, choose “Other” and enter the Explanation of Other in the box below.
Title of Contribution
Journal/Periodical Title (Use this field to enter titles of journals and/or periodicals only)
Published in (Use this field to enter titles of larger works, such as anthologies, books, and encyclopedias ONLY when a book chapter title, foreword, etc. has been entered under ‘Title of Contribution’ above)
Current Status (make sure your status matches the dates below)
Was this peer-reviewed/referred
Authors – Enter all Authors (for more than six you can check the box for “Authors et. al.”) you only need to fill out Role and % Contribution for yourself, this will not print out for other authors. If the author is a student you supervised, when entering their name use Author Status (select one of Postdoctoral, Graduate Student, or Undergraduate Student) and Role (Supervised Student Author).
Expected Date of Submission (use when Current Status is Work in Progress)
Date Submitted (use when Current Status is Submitted, In Review, Revision Requested)
Date Accepted (use when Current Status is Accepted)
Date Published or Date to be Published if “In Press” (use when Current Status is Published or In Press)
[list of [Authors] as “[Last Name], [F. N.] [M. N.] ([Role – Author Status])”, et al.] ([Year Published or Year to be Published if “In Press”]). [Title of Contribution][.] [In] [Editor(s)] [(Eds.)], [Published in]. ([First value of [Edition] and [Edition] ed.][,] Vol. [Volume][,] [First value of [Issue Number] and [Issue Number]][,] [First value of [Contribution Number of Pages pp], [Contribution Number of Pages], [Contributor Pages or Page Range (optional)], [Page Range or Total Number of Pages], [Manuscript or contribution # of pages] and [pp. Contribution Number of Pages]])[.] [First value of [City and State of Book Publisher], [City and State of Publisher], [City, State of Publisher (optional)], [City and State of Nonperiodical Publication Publisher], [City and State of Publisher], [Country of Book Publisher], [Country of Publisher], [Country of Publisher (optional)] and [Country of Nonperiodical Publication Publisher (if other than USA)]][:] [Book Publisher][.] [Invited]. [Published simultaneously in] [Published Simultaneously in]. [http://URL]. [[Submitted Month Submitted Day Submitted, Year Submitted]]. ISBN/ISSN #/Case #/DOI #: [ISBN/ISSN #/Case #/DOI #]
[Comments (50 words or less suggested)]
[Describe your contribution to the publication]
Divider Page: The Scholarship of Research and Creative Accomplishments
This section contains the following, listed in standard bibliographic form with the most recent date first. (Do not include material contained in other sections of the dossier.)
Publications should be listed as follows:
- Articles published in refereed journals (include only articles in refereed journals in this section)
- Parts of books
- Book reviews
- Refereed conference proceedings
- Articles published in nonrefereed journals
- Articles in in-house publications
- Research reports to sponsor
- Manuscripts accepted for publication (substantiated by letter of acceptance) – Indicate if peer reviewed and number of pages of manuscript
- Manuscripts submitted for publication, with an indication of where submitted and when – Indicate if peer reviewed and number of pages of manuscript
- Manuscripts in progress (second-, third-, fourth-, and fifth-, and at the College of Medicine, sixth-, seventh- and eighth-year reviews only)
- Cooperative extension bulletins and circulars
- Creative accomplishments
- Papers, presentations, seminars, and workshops
- Description of outreach or other activities in which there was significant use of candidate’s expertise (consulting, journal editor, reviewer for refereed journals or presses, peer reviewer of grants, speaking engagements, services to government agencies, professional and industrial associations, educational institutions, etc.)
The Scholarship of Research and Creative Accomplishments (continued)
- Projects, grants, commissions, and contracts (date, title, where submitted, amount, percent credit):
- Awarded (Fully processed financial award)
- Pending (Submitted proposal that is awaiting funding status from sponsor)
- Not Funded (Notification received from sponsor or principal investigator that proposal was not funded; second-, third-, fourth-, and fifth-, and at the College of Medicine, sixth-, seventh-, and eighth-year reviews only)
- List of grants and contracts for improvement of instruction, with an indication of the candidate’s role and percent credit in preparing and administering the grants and contracts
- Other evidence of research or creative accomplishments as appropriate (patents, new product development, new art forms, citation index analysis, etc.) including impact in society of research scholarship and creative accomplishments
- Record of pursuit of advanced degrees and/or further academic studies
- Record of membership in professional and learned societies
- Description of new courses and/or programs developed, including service learning and outreach courses
- Description of new computer software programs developed
- Description of new methods of teaching established courses and/or programs
- List of honors or awards for scholarship, research, or creative activities
- Applications of research scholarship in the field including new applications developed and tested; new or enhanced systems and procedures demonstrated or evaluated for government agencies, professional and industrial associations, educational institutions, etc.
- Technology transferred or adapted in the field
- Technical assistance provided
From Here Down Information Is Added After The Report Is Populated Out Of Activity Insightv
- If there are unit-specific objective criteria used for assessing the scholarly substance and quality of the candidate’s achievement in research and creative accomplishment, list the candidate’s performance as measured by these criteria.
Supervision of, and Membership on, Graduate and Undergraduate Dissertations, Theses, Projects, Monographs, Performances, Productions, and Exhibitions Required for Degrees; Types of Degrees and Years Granted
Screen: Student Mentorship and Supervision
Key fields on this screen:
Involvement Type, if you choose Other from the drop down list, make sure you fill out the “Explanation of Other” field as well.
Title of Students Work
Start and End Dates
[Involvement Type] or [Explanation of “Other”]
[[Student Last Name], [S. F. N.]], [list of [Student Information] as “[Student Last Name], [S. F. N.] ([Advisor Role, Institution, Department])”], [[Degree] or [Explanation of “Other”]], Presented at [Location of Presentation], “[Title of Student’s Work].” [Course] [Course Number], [Number of Credit Hours] [credit(s)]. ([Month Started Day Started, Year Started – Month Completed Day Completed, Year Completed]).
Other evidence of resident and/or outreach-based teaching and advising effectiveness
This heading in the report has subheadings that pull from multiple screens:
- Course-Related and Course-Integrated Instructional Activities
- Honors or Awards for Excellence in Teaching and Advising
- Other Evidence of Teaching/Advising (ONLY appears for College of Arts and Architecture, Capitol College, College of Engineering, College of the Liberal Arts, and Penn State Behrend)
Other Evidence for Teaching/Advising
This screen ONLY appears for the College of Arts and Architecture, Capitol College, College of Engineering, College of the Liberal Arts, and Penn State Behrend. If you feel your college needs access to this screen, please, speak to your Activity Insight College Administrator.
Key field on this screen:
Involvement Type, if you choose “Other” from the drop down list be sure to fill out the Explanation of “Other” field below.